Monday, November 9, 2009

Are you considering a dog?



We all know about Champ. I have this love hate relationship with him. Like how we almost lost him after the move and how I threaten daily to turn him into a rug.

But I hate dog hair.

I vacuum it every day.

I have lint rollers stashed everywhere.

I tell the missionaries to leave their shoes on when they come for dinner because I know they will leave with dog hair on the bottoms of their black socks.

I brush the dog often yet it still seems to be everywhere!!

We have 1000 sq. feet of hard wood and oh the hair balls that are under the couch.

and the table.

and the cupboards.

and in the garage

and tracked into the car.

I pay the kids to vacuum them up.

I yell at JaDee to sell him on a weekly basis.

Yet why am in love with these:



These are just a sampling of my red headed sister's litters of Mastiffs. Check them out here. LOVE these dogs!

I could maybe buy another vacuum for one of these!

and name her Duchess, or Daisy. Or Delilah.

I think about this a lot.

Like when I vacuuming dog hair.

8 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

You are nuts.....these dogs will grow to be the size of horses! And your dog is considered a "large dog".....you haven't realized "large" until you bring one of these babies home :) You may as well throw out the vacuum and lint rollers, the dog hair would be out of control...

My dad thinks I need a dog......I've had to become very good at justifying why I don't need/want a dog. If you need another pep talk, just let me know - heehee

Sarah H. said...

I feel the same way about English Bull Dogs. I don't really care for any type of animal/dog especially, but I absolutely LOVE the Bull dogs! One day, when we have a yard, or even a place that allows pets I will get one! It will be a good prep for kids right?!

Anonymous said...

We haven't lived anywhere where a pet would be welcome for quite a while. I grew up with dogs and loved them, but now.... I could probably live without them until the kids leave the house. Who wants to potty train AGAIN?

Courtney said...

Blake and I said that after Jake we were never getting another dog. Now we have 2. Again, we say after these 2 die (notice I'm being specific on "how" j/k) we will not be getting anymore dogs. We'll see... and I hear ya on the hardwood floors and hairballs!

Anonymous said...

Get #7 - he's so cute!!

I've given up on keeping the fur off the floor and have come to terms with the fact that there is always going to be fur/dirt on the floor, on the couch, in my bed, on my clothes... But when they cuddle with me on a cold night or wag their tails so hard when I come home, it makes it all worth it..

Get #7!!

Monica said...

I'm really not Anonymous!

EmRee said...

I hadn't seen these pictures. They are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Methinks you need a dog (smile.) I pine for another one too, but then when I am yelling at Maisy to get her dumb butt back in the house to no avail, I rethink it...

A little quote or two...

“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” -Washington Irving

"Education enriches the mind and enlightens the
soul," --Nicole Moncur 2008

"Reading can be dangerous." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale


BOOK HOUSE from the paper of my Grandfather Sidney W. Campbell

I always think the cover of a book is like a door Which opens into someone's house where I've not been
before. A pirate or a fairy queen may lift the latch for me. I always wonder when I knock, what welcome there will be. And when I find a house that's dull, I do not often stay But when I find one full of friends, I'm apt to spend the day. I never know what sort of folks will be within you see. And that's why reading always is so interesting to me. ~~Annie Fellows Johnston



The Moncur Fam

The Moncur Fam
September 2006 look for a new one this summer