Thursday, October 1, 2009

what to write...


It has been a pretty slow week. And I am sure to get chastised by my sister for not updating the blog, so while taking boys to school this morning I racked my brain for a suitable topic.

And came up with the following:

A short dissertation on the Monroe Doctrine and how our Judicial system would have benefited from staying this course instead of looking to international law as an influence in Supreme Court cases (can you tell I am reading a book about the 11 years our Court went unchanged [1994-2005 our country did not get any new Justices on the Supreme Court, the longest unchanged bench in the history] and the 9 justices who made up that Court...Rehnquist, Scalia, O'Connor, Kennedy, Breyer, Thomas, Ginsbreg, Souter and Stevens).

A list of a few of my favorite things

What we did for dinner last night and the disaster it was (JaDee cooked via his "gift").

Gratefulness that all of you are now feeling a bit brisk in the air.

My most delicious nap that I was able to take yesterday.

I decided to spare you my political analysis and go with JaDee's dinner disaster as follows.

Our neighbor shot a moose a few weeks ago and shared the bounty with up in the form of its liver. When he presented this bit of flesh to us I didn't even invite him in but ran back to find JaDee leaving our guest with a bloody Ziploc bag full of moose organs on the stoop.

As I hid in the back of the house listening to the exchange over how tasty liver and onions would be made out of this gift, I could only hope it ended up forgotten in the back of the freeze as JaDee accepted this neighborly gift. Such hopes were dashed when I woke up from that aforementioned nap and I was asked what my plans were for dinner.

As I had nothing concrete started or even planned, JaDee whipped that liver out of the freezer and said he would fry this up.

I got out a big bowl of kashi cereal and went and folded laundry.

An HOUR later the starving kids were served this delicacy.

5 minutes after that I loaded the boys up to go to Carrs for Chinese buffet grocery store style.

Olivia followed her mother's example and had Trix.

My house still stinks.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I was about to call you to see what was up. Usually I don't go so long w/o checking in your family :)

That sounds so nasty--a moose liver! I don't think I would have even tried it. I guess it's the thought that counts that JaDee made dinner for you guys!

Anonymous said...

ANY liver sounds bad! Holy MOOSE!

Cara said...

Any liver is sick... moose liver takes the cake. Tell JaDee this makes me question his gift!

Mower Family said...

I feel for you! That just sounds so awful. Thankfully we have yet to be presented with such a special gift.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the joys of JaDee's cooking. Maybe you should whip up some more applesauce to change the scent. I'd actually love to hear your political discourse but I'm sure it won't make me laugh quite as hard.

A little quote or two...

“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” -Washington Irving

"Education enriches the mind and enlightens the
soul," --Nicole Moncur 2008

"Reading can be dangerous." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale


BOOK HOUSE from the paper of my Grandfather Sidney W. Campbell

I always think the cover of a book is like a door Which opens into someone's house where I've not been
before. A pirate or a fairy queen may lift the latch for me. I always wonder when I knock, what welcome there will be. And when I find a house that's dull, I do not often stay But when I find one full of friends, I'm apt to spend the day. I never know what sort of folks will be within you see. And that's why reading always is so interesting to me. ~~Annie Fellows Johnston



The Moncur Fam

The Moncur Fam
September 2006 look for a new one this summer