Sunday, October 11, 2009

picture full


Olivia with her dress I got for free at our Stake's clothing exchange and her Build a Bear, Zoe, the Zebra in her pink evening dress on the way to pre-school show and tell. Usually she tries to take her toilet paper "Flying Things." But to let her teachers know I buy my daughter real toys, and do not force her to play with trash, (like the grungy ribbon she brought the week before) I talked her into bringing Zoe.




I am getting better at Olivia's hair. I have been inspired by some little hair do blogs I keep stumbling across. One day we actually got it pretty cute and she wore a dress to pre-school so I snapped some pictures of my little girl growing up.

And our grand friends J and J with their 3 kids moved last week!! The witness protection program had to relocate them (j/k, but they do ask to remain anonymous on here) and we are SOOOO SAD!!! J was my shopping buddy, decorating buddy, and BFF in Alaska. I tell ya, if it wasn't for her, I totally would be living with my mother in law waiting for JaDee to get done with Alaska. And her kids were my boys BFFs as well. The games these guys came up with! Oh we are going to miss them.







Monopoly Marathons were a favorite all last winter with J's kids. We had one last hurrah hours before their plane took off. They have an interesting set of house rules that include auctioning off unclaimed property. Ethan seriously knows the whole board by heart. Next time you see him ask him the rent of Indiana with 1 house and I guarantee you, he knows what it is.

And the last time I put these decorations away was when we were getting ready to move.



I can't believe it was this time LAST YEAR that we were getting ready to turn our lives upside down. But all in all we are doing great here. We just miss you all so very much.


And my new favorite thing ever is this:


A Scentsy mini lite. When it comes to fall I love the smells. While damp leaves may smell good outside I want cinnamon, and cider and cloves inside. This totally does the job and my house won't burn down! For all of you in Perry Alyssa Braegger (Linda Bergeson's daughter) sells it. Highly recommended!



I hope you are not someone I visit teach because if you are seeing this now then you won't be surprised when I give you this for October's visit. I actually made these at Kaye's house this weekend.



And here is Olivia with a Flying Thing tied to an emery board. I think the Flying Thing in this picture is actually being a parrot with the "real" parrot she has in the other hand.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I love that Olivia takes "trash" to show & tell. That is hilarious! Hopefully the zebra was a nice break from toilet paper strands :)

Thanks for posting pics of all the kids. It's good to see them. And I love your halloween decorations. I might just have Blake dig ours out of storage when he gets home.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Olivia has Imagination! Totally gifted!

That's sad when friends move away!

MMM. Cinnamon and cloves.

Cara said...

We sure love that Olivia! Marin is obsessed with ribbon too, I'll bet they would play for hours with their "trash" if they had the chance! I love the hair-do. I checked out one of those blogs the other day and about died! Some of those do's are out of control! Marin would never sit still long enough for even the one in Livvy's hair. Maybe I'll convince her for her dance recital! Sorry your BFF moved! Our ward just split and my BFF from our ward is in another one now. I thought of you guys and your dreaded ward split.

mindee said...

You did a spectacular job on Olivia's hair...it brings back many memories. Hailey made me do her hair up until the 7th grade at which time I refused to continue. She had to learn self-mastery. Sometimes I had to look the other way as she walked out the door...but that's just part of becoming a woman.......

EmRee said...

Love Livs hair! I'm also very impressed with your cute craftys.

A little quote or two...

“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” -Washington Irving

"Education enriches the mind and enlightens the
soul," --Nicole Moncur 2008

"Reading can be dangerous." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale


BOOK HOUSE from the paper of my Grandfather Sidney W. Campbell

I always think the cover of a book is like a door Which opens into someone's house where I've not been
before. A pirate or a fairy queen may lift the latch for me. I always wonder when I knock, what welcome there will be. And when I find a house that's dull, I do not often stay But when I find one full of friends, I'm apt to spend the day. I never know what sort of folks will be within you see. And that's why reading always is so interesting to me. ~~Annie Fellows Johnston



The Moncur Fam

The Moncur Fam
September 2006 look for a new one this summer