Monday, October 5, 2009

Deformed?

I am super excited about my newly remodeled gym. It opened last week and is bigger and better and brighter than ever. Hot instructor J is still there, (don't worry mother, my marriage is not in trouble I just like the drama/cliche of talking about it). And we have spin classes available. I am hoping to get to one this week and make it a regular part of my routine.

But I have a problem with earphones staying in my ears. I have tried 3 different brands of ear buds all claiming to stay in while jogging only to have them fall out. My solution has been to wear the wrap around kind that are a little big, so I seal them to my head with an elastic head band. I am sure I look like a super geek but it is the only way to run to Foo Fighters and read the closed captioning of Wife Swap at the same time. (I would have included a picture but I am not sure how to take a snapshot of the side of my head. Nor do I have the desire to figure it out. And really, do you want to see a close up of my sweaty ear?)

Does anyone else have this problem? I am the only one that I can see not using cute little ear buds in bright colors during their workout. But there has to be more of us deformed ear canal victims out there.

Please. Share your story here.

6 comments:

Cara said...

Well last time I wore earphones at the gym I left them on, plugged into my machine, then tried to walk away. After that embarrassing incident, I haven't worn them since.

Kolbi Young said...

Nicole! My mom passed along your blog address, and I'm having a hay day catching up on you and your family. So good to see that all is well, but I can't believe your children are growing (crazy!!!) up!

I'm sorry about the Alaskan weather, I'm having withdrawls now that summer has turned into winter overnight. I'm still trying to get my whole family to move with me to Arizona. Doesn't that sound wonderful right now?! Anywho - so good to "see" you! Take care, Kolbi

Courtney said...

I have the same problem! Maybe it's in our genes. They make ear buds that have this piece that goes behind your ear to help them stay in. Is that what you have too? Blake lost my first pair like that and after 2 days of trying to run with regular ear buds I yelled at him for losing the first pair, went to wal-mart for a second pair and then banned him from ever touching them again.

Ear plugs won't stay in my ears either.

Anonymous said...

I haven't had earphones since my Sony Walkman died. Does that date me? My problem is exercising regularly. I'll deal with earphones later - when you know which ones don't truly fall out!

EmRee said...

Would love to see a photo. You know this year's Reflections theme is "Beauty is . . . " Maybe Ethan can snap the shot for all of us.

Marty and Brigette said...

I won't lie.....I have the same problem. I can never fit those things in my ears!

A little quote or two...

“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” -Washington Irving

"Education enriches the mind and enlightens the
soul," --Nicole Moncur 2008

"Reading can be dangerous." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale


BOOK HOUSE from the paper of my Grandfather Sidney W. Campbell

I always think the cover of a book is like a door Which opens into someone's house where I've not been
before. A pirate or a fairy queen may lift the latch for me. I always wonder when I knock, what welcome there will be. And when I find a house that's dull, I do not often stay But when I find one full of friends, I'm apt to spend the day. I never know what sort of folks will be within you see. And that's why reading always is so interesting to me. ~~Annie Fellows Johnston



The Moncur Fam

The Moncur Fam
September 2006 look for a new one this summer