Wednesday, October 7, 2009

This is for you...

Dear "Lay it Out Straight," (commenter on C Jane),

Most of the blogs I frequent are about families and the events in their lives. Most of these blogs are people I know personally and there are a few that I read that I do not know. Yet their interesting story compels me to follow along their blog. In response to your comments to C Jane about her sister's appearance on Oprah, I would like you to know that if I had a sister who survived a fiery plane crash, and was on the Oprah show, and if I had a tiny cameo in the story, I too, would post it on my blog. Because it would be something that happened to me. My friends and family might be interested in it. If other people care to read, that is fine too. That is why it is a blog. It is not conceited, prideful, or vain. It is life. And the life C Jane posts about happens to be full of a rather extraordinary event.

When was the last time you were on the Oprah show?

In response to her readers being zombies, who have nothing better to do with their lives, let me assure you we all do. And if the one thing we do is take 30 seconds to respond to a heart wrenching story about a girl who survives a plane crash and is scarred for life and leave a comment on her sisters blog, I wouldn't worry it. There are worse things we could all be doing. Although, I also have to wonder how much time you spend on her blog, seeing as how you made 2 comments. One could also wonder what else I have to do seeing as how I am now devoting a whole post to you.

In fact, let me go do those things now.

3 comments:

Likely said...

way to go. i don't understand mean people.

Anonymous said...

Next you'll be hunting moose! ;) JK!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, it surprises me daily at the mean-spirited folks in the world who HAVE to be heard and pounce on every available opportunity to contrive a reason to speak their fool minds. We have a local news channel and people comment on the WEATHER and say vile things even there! I don't understand these folks...if you don't like or support a blog or site, leave!!

Or as my mom always said, "Fools names and fools faces will always be seen in public places."

A little quote or two...

“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” -Washington Irving

"Education enriches the mind and enlightens the
soul," --Nicole Moncur 2008

"Reading can be dangerous." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale


BOOK HOUSE from the paper of my Grandfather Sidney W. Campbell

I always think the cover of a book is like a door Which opens into someone's house where I've not been
before. A pirate or a fairy queen may lift the latch for me. I always wonder when I knock, what welcome there will be. And when I find a house that's dull, I do not often stay But when I find one full of friends, I'm apt to spend the day. I never know what sort of folks will be within you see. And that's why reading always is so interesting to me. ~~Annie Fellows Johnston



The Moncur Fam

The Moncur Fam
September 2006 look for a new one this summer