Friday, October 2, 2009

What a day

Today was one of those days where I just should have gone back to bed.

It started when I woke up to an abnormally cold house. I checked the thermostat and it read 58. And the heat switch was off. If that had happens a couple of months from now we will all die in our beds!! Sheesh people, we live in Alaska for crying out loud!

Then at the post office Olivia had to go potty. She ALWAYS has to use the bathroom in the post office. The problem is that post offices do not have public restrooms. Now the guy at our old post office let us use the private one in the back. But here we have to truck it across the shopping plaza to the restroom at the grocery store. Which of course is about as far away from the post office as you can get.

Oh and I had a 14 month old with me. Not in a stroller, so she was heavy all the way there and all the way back.

If it wasn't 23 degrees out today I would have taken Olivia to the bare patch of grass between the post office and the shopping center. Not that I would ever do that if it was warmer, but maybe other moms have had the same idea, since the grass is really green right there.

Then the post office lady was so rude!

And I spilled my really good hot chocolate that was supposed to turn my day around when I left the drive through.

And then I locked my keys and my groceries in the car in the driveway!!! Really, am I that stupid?

But at least the milk wouldn't spoil in the back.

5 comments:

Kaye and Jared said...

WOW what a day is right! Hey I don't have your email but wanted to invite you to a GNO next week. Shoot me an email and I'll get you an invite! Kaye :)
kayetuia@hotmail.com

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I would say, that was a day all right! At least it wasn't boring;)....

Courtney said...

I hate days like that. I am crabby about it until Blake comes home from work so I can vent to him because who else am I going to vent to...Brooke? You should sue the hot chocolate people like the crazy McDonalds case and become and a millionaire. :) And who turned off the heat? JaDee? Blake would turn off the AC before he went to work in the morning and an hour later I would wake up roasting.

Anonymous said...

Definitely a YAAARGH day. Already that cold? Sheesh.

EmRee said...

Isn't the healing power of a good cup of hot chocolate amazing? Sorry you lost some of yours.

A little quote or two...

“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” -Washington Irving

"Education enriches the mind and enlightens the
soul," --Nicole Moncur 2008

"Reading can be dangerous." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale


BOOK HOUSE from the paper of my Grandfather Sidney W. Campbell

I always think the cover of a book is like a door Which opens into someone's house where I've not been
before. A pirate or a fairy queen may lift the latch for me. I always wonder when I knock, what welcome there will be. And when I find a house that's dull, I do not often stay But when I find one full of friends, I'm apt to spend the day. I never know what sort of folks will be within you see. And that's why reading always is so interesting to me. ~~Annie Fellows Johnston



The Moncur Fam

The Moncur Fam
September 2006 look for a new one this summer