Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Guess what!


Courtney and Blake hanging out on this day

I found out where Olivia gets her toilet paper fetish from! It is my one and only sister!

Now, my beautiful sister could have shared a number of things with me. Most importantly some of her 5' almost 7 inches. See all of the women in our family are about 5' 2" - 5' 4". Except for me and her. Except I am 5' 0" and she is almost 7 inches taller than me!!! She could have shared just 2 of those inches, and still been so much taller than me.

(you should see family pictures. My 3 brothers tower from 5'11" - 6'2+" with JaDee at 6 feet and Blake at 6'4"! I am always in the front. And usually alone unless one of my kids are with me...But now Katie will be joining me on the front row. Again, another reason to thank her for marrying Ben, besides that he is a pain :0)

And at 8 years younger than me she had to share a room with me. Ugh! When I was a teenager there was nothing worse than a baby sister in the bottom bunk. Except when she woke up in the night and wanted me to crawl in bed with her to help her feel better. Then it was OK.

In fact I used to take her to the park all the time. And while I did enjoy the little walks in pushing her in the stroller or holding her hand, I must admit I had an ulterior motive. See there were boys that also played basketball at the park. And I may or may not have had crushes on them.

I was also using the outing to get out of chores.

So when I was telling my mom about Olivia taking trash to school for show and tell she says, "Don't you remember Courtney with Kleenexes?"

Apparently Courtney used them as blankets for her little animals or tied them up as dresses for them and flew them around the house as well.

And a trip to our Grandmother's house was pure heaven for her. See Grandma matched her tissues to each room in the house. So we had pink, green, blue, peach and white to spice up the fashion shows. I guess she could empty a box of Kleenex faster than the average swine flu patient.

Me and Brooke back in April when I was there for Wicked.


I hope I gave my niece, Brooke, my love of Scotch tape. My mom has stories about that too....

And since I am feeling particularly homesick, for no apparent reason, enjoy these pictures of the most delicious baby!





4 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh!! I am laughing! I totally forgot I used to do that. Kleenex's made the perfect barbie blankets (and sometimes they were used for clothes!) Oh wow! Too funny.

And now that I'm married to Blake, I don't want to give up 2 inches. I already wish I was 2 inches taller so I don't have to crane my neck to look up at him :)

Kolbi Young said...

That almost 7 inches is important. Tyler likes to tease me because I'm 5'6.75" - but I like to round up. I'm sorry that you got shorted - literally, but looking at our family, there just isn't much height. Good thing you married a tall one to help your posterity :)

Fun memories - it gives me hope that one day Brax and I will be friends....right now he still considers me his second mom. Maybe because I'm bossy and hovering....But isn't that what big sisters are for?

Courtney said...

Oh, I had to add that I was so surprised to find myself the topic of your blog. And also when I saw that the title of this post was "guess what!" I thought to myself, "So help me if I find out you are pregnant via a blog post..." LOL

Anonymous said...

The things kids latch onto...LOL!
CUTE BABY!

A little quote or two...

“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” -Washington Irving

"Education enriches the mind and enlightens the
soul," --Nicole Moncur 2008

"Reading can be dangerous." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale


BOOK HOUSE from the paper of my Grandfather Sidney W. Campbell

I always think the cover of a book is like a door Which opens into someone's house where I've not been
before. A pirate or a fairy queen may lift the latch for me. I always wonder when I knock, what welcome there will be. And when I find a house that's dull, I do not often stay But when I find one full of friends, I'm apt to spend the day. I never know what sort of folks will be within you see. And that's why reading always is so interesting to me. ~~Annie Fellows Johnston



The Moncur Fam

The Moncur Fam
September 2006 look for a new one this summer