Thursday, February 16, 2012
Revisiting
We have always been a family of adventure, craziness, and well, adventure. Life had been good. It's been fun. Always fun. I've been remembering all the fun.
It's good to see how different everyone looks back then. And if I remembered to sit down with my camera at the computer I could show you a recent picture. The Olivia of yesterday was so round faced and chubby. Ethan IS now round faced and chubby as he gets ready to sprout past me and Carter any day now. Carter looks like a grown up and is an even more handsome version of himself 3 years ago.
I'll get pictures up soon. Promise.
Oh those little munchkins of mine, I want to eat them I love them do much.
If you have been following me on Facebook you would know I am getting my teaching certification together for up here. I had to take the first round of Praxis tests to prove my basic competence (which I am BTW). And I am sending in a whole packet to the Alaska Ed Department here this week. I'm not sure what I'm doing with all this certification yet, but I want to put the feelers out, and be ready if something comes up.
So I was looking back and remembering all those tough and crazy times. Because I'm sure teaching will be a piece of cake after being a stay at home mom for 15 years!
A little quote or two...
“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” -Washington Irving
"Education enriches the mind and enlightens the
soul," --Nicole Moncur 2008"Reading can be dangerous." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale
BOOK HOUSE from the paper of my Grandfather Sidney W. CampbellI always think the cover of a book is like a door Which opens into someone's house where I've not been
before. A pirate or a fairy queen may lift the latch for me. I always wonder when I knock, what welcome there will be. And when I find a house that's dull, I do not often stay But when I find one full of friends, I'm apt to spend the day. I never know what sort of folks will be within you see. And that's why reading always is so interesting to me. ~~Annie Fellows Johnston
The Moncur Fam
September 2006 look for a new one this summer
6 comments:
I was just thinking how I can't believe Carter will be 15 this year. How is that possible?
Huzzah! Good luck with certification!
I am being nostalgic too as I put together our blog book from last year. I am longing for our trip to San Diego. What good times we had. I wish we were doing it this year too.
Wow! I love your guts, so I am going to try really hard not to be offended by your last comment!
Stacey
Good luck with your certification. I bet you are an awesome teacher.
I'm so glad you've kept this blog. What a blessing for so many. The history you've recorded will be something your family treasures forever. I really need to do the same.
Post a Comment