Thursday, September 10, 2009

200


This is my 200th post. I should have something grand to say, but given post 199, and that my week only got marginally better (what with 2 back to school open houses, a science experiment presentation and a husband who is replacing the transmission on an old VW bug) I do not have anything grand.

But I do have a few random thoughts.

1- The slushy machine at my regular gas station is not working. Olivia's blue raspberry has been coming out hot for 2 days now. When I mentioned this to the wisp of a girl behind the counter, she murmurs, "Oh. I didn't know." Really. After 2 days I am the only person to mention this. And I see her almost daily so I know she was here both days of the hot slushy-ness.

2-Olivia started preschool this week. And as I have typed the word "preschool," several times on FB and in e-mails, I marvel that it is all one word. It looks like it should have a hyphen btween "pre" and "school," and not look like a word pronounced "pres-chewl."

3- I hate (with a fervent passion) the ABC show, The View. Rarely have I felt such loathing for a group of people. Specifically Joy. Oh that ignorant, magnanimous, big mouth. I wish she would just go under a rock and be eaten by maggots. This weeks trigger of disgust was over President Obama's address to the school children. Joy went on about the "right wing conspiracy" out to get President Obama because he is black. Sounds a little like Hilary (maybe a roommate for Joy under that rock??) when Bill got caught with his pants down.

As a member of the right wing conspiracy, I would like to clear the record in that we had nothing to do with this current bout of paranoia. We save our bombshells for things like socialized medicine and lying SOB's who cheat on their wives in office.

Anyway, I can go on and on about Joy. But I won't. Although rest assured she does make my blood boil.

Kind of like my slushy.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Way to go on 200 posts. I enjoyed your random thoughts. And when things break down (like slushie machines) I get just as bugged that no one seems to notice and doesn't fix them in a timely manner. Maybe it's in our genes :)

Cara said...

I seriously couldn't figure out the whole uproar associated with President Obama's speech! I don't have a school-aged child, so maybe I don't understand, but I applaud him for taking the time to address our children directly about the importance of doing well in school!

And about the slushy, I'm so sorry. That has to be horrible for you to deal with for the past 2 days! :) Happy 200! Here's to 200 more!

Anonymous said...

I'm a fellow conspirator.... and I agree with you completely. Joy.... she drives me nuts!

Anonymous said...

I saw The View once, years ago. If I want to kvetch, I'll do it with my friends thank you very much.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I admit.....I watch "The View". Why, I don't know. i usually have a headache by the end of it.
I have a strong dis-like for Ms. Joy as well, but I love Elisabeth (who is out on maternity leave, go figure, since they really could have used the Republican point of view this week) Anywho...I could go on, but won't. Livs is so dang cute in her school picture. So, what have you been doing when she is at school...hopefully fun things!

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the need for such uproar. He said something entirely appropriate for schoolchildren to hear. I am an Obama supporter but even if I weren't and it were John McCain giving the same speech to my kids I would applaud the message. Do your best, stay in school. Good no matter who says it!! And I really think the office of President deserves more respect than it gets these days regardless of who occupies it.

I am not a fan of the View normally, but Kate Gosselin will be on this week and I am ready to hear what she has to say when they discuss Jon!! He's acting like a moron!

Hope you have a good weekend and that Olivia is enjoying preschool. What a big girl!!

EmRee said...

Olivia you look so grown up! She is so darn cute!

mindee said...

Thank you so much for the lighthearted entertainment. It gave me a chuckle for the afternoon. I truly appreciate the wit of wisdom.

A little quote or two...

“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” -Washington Irving

"Education enriches the mind and enlightens the
soul," --Nicole Moncur 2008

"Reading can be dangerous." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale


BOOK HOUSE from the paper of my Grandfather Sidney W. Campbell

I always think the cover of a book is like a door Which opens into someone's house where I've not been
before. A pirate or a fairy queen may lift the latch for me. I always wonder when I knock, what welcome there will be. And when I find a house that's dull, I do not often stay But when I find one full of friends, I'm apt to spend the day. I never know what sort of folks will be within you see. And that's why reading always is so interesting to me. ~~Annie Fellows Johnston



The Moncur Fam

The Moncur Fam
September 2006 look for a new one this summer