Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mix it up

I have a very long living room. It is 14x30 actually. The front half of the room was intended to be the "living room" while the back half was intended to be the dining room. But we have a baby grand piano thus the "dining room" was the "piano room." My red couch floated in the middle breaking the 14x30 space in half and created a great place for the fireplace to be a showcase.

But I wanted to open the huge space up.



So this is what you see from my entry. I moved the piano into the bay window at the "living room" end. The fireplace is kind if hanging by itself but oh well.



Here is the opened up seating arrangement. We use it a lot more since it is closer to the kitchen.


I got all my pictures from the photo shoot this summer with Vanessa and got them in frames above the couch. Catherine called it the Wall of Fame when she saw it Wednesday. And exactly to the left of the last frame on the left is the entry to our kitchen.



And at Christmas I am planning on getting the biggest tree ever (and a new ladder to string the lights) for my 2 story window that the piano is sitting in front of, so I guess the piano is going to have to move again in a couple of months. Lets see what I come up with then!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Cozy but elegant.

You hauled that piano all the way to Alaska? Wow.

Courtney said...

OOh, I like it. You've never posted pics of your living room before. Did you get your canvas from Vanessa yet? Just keep bugging her. I also tried to call you today but no answer on either phone. I have a baby food question.

Cara said...

Is that a black leather chair I see? Looks way cute!

EmRee said...

With kids that cute you need a wall of FAME!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I love it!!!!
It looks very warm and inviting. I can't wait to see pictures of the "biggest" Christmas tree ever;)

Linda said...

Very impressive! You've done some way cute things. And a baby grand! Wow!Can't wait for the concert...

Sarah said...

Nicole, your house looks great! I wish you lived closer so you could come over and help me with my house.

Anonymous said...

please send me your E-mail address so I can add you to www.thebellladiesblog.blogspot.com Thanks! Alicia

My new E-mail address is aliciawalters99@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

OK, I am loving it all, but especially the initial wall. I have the framed "D" like your M with a bow...now I want to do the same as you! I had to click closer to see if we had the same living room rug. Almost, but not quite!

I love your style.

A little quote or two...

“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” -Washington Irving

"Education enriches the mind and enlightens the
soul," --Nicole Moncur 2008

"Reading can be dangerous." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale


BOOK HOUSE from the paper of my Grandfather Sidney W. Campbell

I always think the cover of a book is like a door Which opens into someone's house where I've not been
before. A pirate or a fairy queen may lift the latch for me. I always wonder when I knock, what welcome there will be. And when I find a house that's dull, I do not often stay But when I find one full of friends, I'm apt to spend the day. I never know what sort of folks will be within you see. And that's why reading always is so interesting to me. ~~Annie Fellows Johnston



The Moncur Fam

The Moncur Fam
September 2006 look for a new one this summer