Wednesday, September 2, 2009
What's going on in America?
Which they have been in since Aug. 19. Carter is in the jazz band playing drums. And doing after-school soccer. So he goes early and comes home late. He loves it. Such a happy kid from last year with Professor Umbridge...she is all but forgotten.
Ethan is my homework loaded boy this year. I really like the new school and the curriculum they have so I see a purpose in all of it. His teacher used to teach for the Ringling Brothers Circus and travel with them. She has also taught English in the Marshall Islands! Amongst other things. I feel really fortunate to have him in her class. He loves it and gets to be the weekly science professor next week.
Our gas is $3.27 a gallon. A gallon of milk is $3, or $2.75 at Costco. Other than that REI is having a great end of season sale and I got a North Face "gore tex" rain jacket for $40 off for my next back packing trip.
Wait, WHAT??
Yup I am going again. This time I am going with Catherine. She and I are the only ones we can think of that are not pregnant or nursing a baby so we are packing it up in a week for one last over nighter.
So tell me what is going on in the States?
A little quote or two...
“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” -Washington Irving
"Education enriches the mind and enlightens the
soul," --Nicole Moncur 2008"Reading can be dangerous." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale
BOOK HOUSE from the paper of my Grandfather Sidney W. CampbellI always think the cover of a book is like a door Which opens into someone's house where I've not been
before. A pirate or a fairy queen may lift the latch for me. I always wonder when I knock, what welcome there will be. And when I find a house that's dull, I do not often stay But when I find one full of friends, I'm apt to spend the day. I never know what sort of folks will be within you see. And that's why reading always is so interesting to me. ~~Annie Fellows Johnston
The Moncur Fam
September 2006 look for a new one this summer
8 comments:
Gas at Costco in Colorado is 2.59. A trip to the landfill with a pickup full of junk is $6.00.
I forgot . . . I'm so impressed you're heading out AGAIN! Way to go Alaska Girl.
Wahoo! That's awesome you are going on another camping trip. I'm excited for you. Milk in Vernal is $2.50 a gallon and I have no idea what gas is like. Wait? Does Vernal count as the states? Sometimes I feel like I am so out of touch :)
School starting...same as in Alaska! Milk is $1.99 at Macey's and so is Meadow Gold 1/2 gallon ice cream and a 4-pack of Kraft macaroni and cheese and 1 lb of hamburger! Oh Macey's, where $1.99 goes so far.. I can never shop anywhere else!
It's blazing hot. This weekend it's supposed to cool down, though. I'd be happy for a nice stretch of low 80s before fall kicks in big time.
Gas in Oregon is 2.79 for the cheap stuff, and I haven't bought fresh milk since it went over 1.50 a gallon many years ago. I buy dry now. Only a few trees around our apartment have started to turn and we are a nice 70's range now.
I am jealous of your leaves and crisp weather...as it is 83 today here in Tennessee. I was made for a cooler climate...wanna trade up sometime?!
Have a great time camping (beware of bears and moose, please. Bring your bear repellant!)
I have to give you an update from NY. gas $2.65-$2.79 depends on where I go. Diesel $2.79 a gallon. milk $2.48 at Price Chopper. The weather is 75-80 degrees a day the nights are cool. The State Fair is happening, Jared and the kids are going on Labor Day with some friends (I am working a double shift making double time an hour). School starts on WednesdayI thought of you last week I was in Syracuse with my mom for my sister's baby shower. Liverpool well always feel like home in some ways, but a lot has changed since I left 11 years ago. Enjoy Alaska I am glad that I saw you before we moved
Post a Comment