One of the things I was worried about in moving to Alaska was the exposure (or lack thereof) my kids would get to the arts. Carter and I went to the Utah Symphony right before we moved and he had the chance to meet and get the autograph of the guest musician that night. He left that experience with a light in eyes and a bounce in his step. I didn't want life to become one camping/hunting/fishing trip after another without some balance in there.
So yesterday we took the boys to The Lion King. Ethan declared it, "Better than the movie," and Carter was way impressed with the orchestra pit and the individual LCD screens that each musician had at their stands to avoid having to look up at the conductor.
There were dancers, singers, actors, props, amazing costumes and everything you would expect from a show of this magnitude. I was particularly impressed with actresses that played both the Young Nala and the grown Nala. Such strong women characters. I bought Olivia the Nala doll as a token to remember to teach her to be a strong influence on the lives of the ones she loves. That she was super cute too.
Culture complete.
5 comments:
That sounds so fun. I wish Blake would be up for things like that. Whenever I say that one day I'm going to take Brooke to the museum he says "She's not going to the museum" I hope he's joking!
Aw, I want a Nala doll! Sounds like you had a great time! I'm all about balance.
Jed & I are going on Friday! I am so excited to see a broadway production...I've only seen high school musicals! who would've thought I'd have to come to Alaska to get this experience!
Cool!
How fun! What a great memory. I will put this on my list of things I would love to do.
Post a Comment