Wednesday, August 19, 2009

its coming



I cleaned the garage a couple of weeks ago. It was the end of July actually and all I could think about was parking my car in it again this winter.

And not looking forward to it.

Then yesterday we went to Girdwood in search of berries for one last outing on the last day of summer vacation. We didn't come home with much but we had a good time, just me and the kids.

And then I saw this:


What the heck! Changing leaves! I don't know if I can do this! It was dark, and cold and snowy when we moved here. And thinking about it gives me anxiety. I don't know if it anxiety about the weather or if it was associated with remembering our first few weeks here (they were awful. Check out all of January '09 in the archives if you don't believe me).

But in other news, I went to this clothing exchange our stake sponsors every year. It was almost as good as the Vail Valley rummage sale when I found brand new red Dansko sandals for $3. The clothing exchange was FREE! I got a super cute pink and cream hounds tooth skirt from Banana Republic, a fall jacket for Livs and a gorgeous princess dress up for (me) j/k. It was for Livs.

Oh and I am trying to play around with Photobucket because you can apparently post bigger better pictures with it. I am still having issues. Any tips?

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Ick, winter! I have been trying to get photobucket to work and it won't let me upload photos onto it. I use Firefox & I am thinking that is the problem (?) Which would suck b/c I know you just switched to that. I'm eager for any other solutions.

Anonymous said...

The most I've done with photobucket is make a slide show for the blog (you have to scroll all the way to the end). Other than that I am photobucket illiterate.

mindee said...

Good Luck.....I struggled and struggled. Sometimes I could get the edit mode to work and sometimes it just wouldn't...for no reason and I would do the same thing maybe a week later and ta da it would work....who knows. I finally got my photos going but it was a pain.
http://myblog-mindee.blogspot.com/
http://dodgers-mindee.blogspot.com/
Don't know if I've ever given them to you.

A little quote or two...

“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” -Washington Irving

"Education enriches the mind and enlightens the
soul," --Nicole Moncur 2008

"Reading can be dangerous." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale


BOOK HOUSE from the paper of my Grandfather Sidney W. Campbell

I always think the cover of a book is like a door Which opens into someone's house where I've not been
before. A pirate or a fairy queen may lift the latch for me. I always wonder when I knock, what welcome there will be. And when I find a house that's dull, I do not often stay But when I find one full of friends, I'm apt to spend the day. I never know what sort of folks will be within you see. And that's why reading always is so interesting to me. ~~Annie Fellows Johnston



The Moncur Fam

The Moncur Fam
September 2006 look for a new one this summer