I love
Meanest Mom. She is linked to me on my list of Blogs I Stalk, meaning: I do not know her but read her fairly regularly. She cracks me up as she describes her escapades as a PhD in Medieval Literature with Crohn's Disease now staying at home with 4 very young children.
Meanest Mom is quite a popular blog and she occasionally has give aways. The most recent is a give away from Shabby Apple. In fact it is the very dress I have been working up the nerve to buy for myself.
Meanest Mom writes this about the dress:
So in the act of leaving my comment for a 1/900 chance to win I came across this comment by anonymous:
Ugh. I really liked your blog until I read your comment about "real" women. I'm a size two. . . am I not a "real" woman just because I exercise, watch what I eat, and take care of myself? How much weight must I gain to be considered "real"??
So is she seriously offended by "real women" comments because she is a size 2 or is she joking with the jokey Meanest Mom? And who is to say anyone who is not a size 2 is not taking care of herself. And why is she anonymous? What is she afraid of, women with hips coming after her with donuts and a plunger to make sure they get down her throat?
All I know is the term Real Women embraces everyone of all sizes; be it 2 or 42. Wherever we are and whatever journey we are on to lose/gain/maintain is alright with me. I hope miss size 2 gets over her inferiority complex and I hope it comes with a cupcake or two.
Because real women eat a cupcake every now and then too.
3 comments:
I couldn't agree more. I also think that maybe the blog author meant that "real women" want classy dresses that are age & mom appropriate. Moms and women can be those things and dress well too!
I also want to add that as "real women" it doesn't matter if your a size 2 or 32, no one is bending over to pull weeds in a "sexy skirt" And these days sexy skirt is often code for "hoochie mama"
If that chick is a size 2 she needs to shut her mouth whining about body issues. Waah waah waah...wondering if she EVER had a baby or is over 14 years old. Just curious!
Post a Comment